Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Choices and Values: What's Important to Me?" Survey

In my class, Gifted and Talented we took a survey to find what we value, and to my surprise the survey was insanely accurate. My results are listed below:

  1. Perseverance
  2. Family, Love, Emotional Security
  3. Personal Freedom, Independence
  4. Family, Love, Emotional Security
  5. Education, Intelligence, Wisdom
I was first told by the survey that I valued Perseverance, the survey was correct. I try to give me best effort in everything I do and will always persevere through hard times as well as difficult tasks among other things. I feel when you make it through a difficult time, it builds character, although that can depend on how difficult the experience is. If you go through war, on occasions character is lost and people change. If you're experience is a minor difficulty compared to war though, for example, if you persevere through football season, character is built quite often. The second value I have is family, I value family more than anything I can think of at the moment. This corresponds with the survey considering it listed the value of Family, Love, Emotional Security twice. I value a secure and positive family life because if something's wrong, your family is always there. Some people say a football team is like a family, and that's another reason why I love football. Being independent is a value of mine, because it's a learning experience. I value independence as a learning experience and that only, because I don't want to be independent all my life, I want to have maybe eight years of independence. My independence will end eventually once I have a wife and a family. Finally, my last value is Education, Intelligence, Wisdom; I find that this is important to me because I like when I know algorithms, theories, and history. I find it a compliment when a peer of mine asks for help on a worksheet or homework. To make it in the world today, it's always a good asset to obtain a good education, a value that is with you until death. 

My values could define me in a way, but most of all they define who I want to be. I think this survey says in the future I want to be a man who perseveres, love's his family, has independence, and is very intelligent. 

1 comment:

  1. Hank,

    Nice post! What really hit home with me (pun intended) is your emphasis on the value of family. I, too, share the same value. I believe that perseverance is a really important trait to value as well since life has so many challenges and obstacles.

    ReplyDelete